Pumpkin Buffalo Sweat clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG_1283.jpg

I have not. Kinda been in a brewing hiatus trying to figure out water chemistry. My pumpkin buffalo sweat is still trying to work itself out as well

If you have questions you can always tweet Hood @bayareabeernut and he's good about getting back to you. He told me how much raspberry/cocoa nibs go into the Buffalo Kiss (Buffalo Sweat firkin w/ Raspberry and Cocoa nibs freaking AMAZING!) after we had it at one of the firkins in Lawrence.

If you have questions you can always tweet Hood @bayareabeernut and he's good about getting back to you. He told me how much raspberry/cocoa nibs go into the Buffalo Kiss (Buffalo Sweat firkin w/ Raspberry and Cocoa nibs freaking AMAZING!) after we had it at one of the firkins in Lawrence.

Thanks for sharing! Hood is a good guy and those buffalo sweat firkins he puts out are amazing!

Ok...so how much? :)

After the extra allspice and pumpkin pie spice additions and some time, it seems about perfect. Took a sample tonight and will be bottling tomorrow. Really looking forward to this one :D

I bottled this last Thursday and I have to say I was impressed. I knew that it would be a little off since I screwed up the clove amounts, but the extra allspice and pumpkin pie spice really helped to even things back out. I got too excited to bottle though and primed with dextrose instead of brown sugar :smack:

Still very excited to try one in a week or two and see how they evolve throughout the year. Hopefully the flavors wont fade too fast, but I will be re-brewing this in late summer and using brown sugar this time to make, hopefully, a perfect clone of what I had. The aroma is already spot on, just needs a little time to condition. :mug:

Well, its been in the bottle for a month and carb is finally starting to show. My basement sits right at 60 in the winter, so I expected this to take awhile longer to carbonate. I have to say, ive very pleased with my first attempt. I mashed a few degrees too low and also forgot to use brown sugar for priming, so the body isnt all there but is it still very delicious and drinkable. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who enjoys pumpkin beers. Its not overwhelming with spice or pumpkin, and I believe balances both perfectly. I cant wait to re-brew this is late august for the coming fall. These may not last long once its fully carbonated. Cheers!

photo.jpg

Sadly, these are almost all gone. I may have to brew this up again sooner then I expected. This has been a very well received beer, with craft beer drinkers and the BMC crowd. Its very complex, but still not over the top or too "spice-y".

I just posted this up in the recipe database. Here is a link for anyone interested.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f76/pumpkin-buffalo-sweat-clone-467527/#post6017624

i had a bottle of finsfan's version. i have to say it is amazing. i'm brewing a 12 gallon batch of buffalo sweat and 1/2 will be pumpkin the other vanilla...

i had a bottle of finsfan's version. i have to say it is amazing. i'm brewing a 12 gallon batch of buffalo sweat and 1/2 will be pumpkin the other vanilla...

Very glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the kind words. Its definitely peaking about now as everything's mellowing out from my measurement screw up. Let me know when you get these brewed and we can swap some home brews. The vanilla version will be my next attempt here towards the end of summer/early fall. Cheers joe! :mug:

Very glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the kind words. Its definitely peaking about now as everything's mellowing out from my measurement screw up. Let me know when you get these brewed and we can swap some home brews. The vanilla version will be my next attempt here towards the end of summer/early fall. Cheers joe! :mug:

will do.. i also got a few hard to get local beers for ya. just gathering em all up.:D

Back