Pumpkin beer problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benysaj

Reaction score
Hello, I brewed a batch of pumpkin ale on Saturday. It fermented nicely (although not vigorously) for two days, I checked it this morning and it completely stopped. I mean, I sat and watched the airlock for over a minute without a single bubble.
I have brewed several batches before and have never seen anything like this. However this was my lowest OG @ 1.038, that I've ever had. I'm going to take a reading tonight to see if it's just done already somehow, in the meantime - i am quite concerned.

I use safale US-05 dry yeast, It's the first batch that i've used dry yeast on since my very first homebrew.

Thanks for the help

It is definitely possible that the fermentation has slowed to below a bubble per minute at this point, especially with a low OG beer. Don't be concerned until you have another reading.

Take the reading, report back. I wouldn't be worrying until you report back with a FG reading of 1.038.

Could be a lot of things like a bad seal on the lid. Definitely doesn't mean that fermentation has stopped. Take a reading. It could be done already...can't tell without a hydro reading.

Airlocks are not fermentation gauges. Just let it go and treat it like any other batch...

yeah just let it sit. If fermentation started okay I wouldn't worry at all. Some of them just finish quickly.

Nothing to worry about as you have all said, gravity reading is currently 1.012. I'll still rack it into the secondary at let it sit a while to give it a chance to clear up. Thanks for the advice/help/reasoning

Latest posts

Back