PT100 RTD Sensor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enormous13

Reaction score
What's up everybody, so I'm building a small electrical system and ordered a few components from Auber recently after some emails back and forth with them, including this PT100 RTD Sensor, hoping for an easy weldless install. (https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=249)

Stuff arrives and I'm checking everything, and noticed there's no washer or gasket with the probe. Email Auber back and they say their M14 option is for weldless installs (https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_15&products_id=84).

Is there an easy (read: cheap) way to use the sensor that I did get, like a weldless 1/2" NPT port? Or should I just try to sell it at a discount and order the M14 option? I'm holding off on posting this to the classifieds for now, but if you're interested in it, just DM me.

For the probe you did get, were you planning on putting it in a T NPT fitting as pictured on their website? That would be used in-line with your pump circulation.

If you were going to install it on your kettle, brewhardware makes various "True Bulkhead" fittings that are weldless and would work for this 1/2" fitting.

What was your original design, drill a hole in the kettle?

For the probe you did get, were you planning on putting it in a T NPT fitting as pictured on their website? That would be used in-line with your pump circulation.

If you were going to install it on your kettle, brewhardware makes various "True Bulkhead" fittings that are weldless and would work for this 1/2" fitting.

What was your original design, drill a hole in the kettle?
I had planned on and advised them I was going to be installing it in the kettle wall, down at the element level. So, I guess it's either head over to BrewHardware or pick up the M14 version.

I'm kind of pissed at this point it'll cost me at least another $20 to make this work because of an oversight.

The M14 would definitely be the easiest install, I use it on my current blichmann setup. I would ask Auber to exchange it with free shipping since it's a small to mail. You could mail the 1/2" back first class mail real cheap

The M14 would definitely be the easiest install, I use it on my current blichmann setup. I would ask Auber to exchange it with free shipping since it's a small to mail. You could mail the 1/2" back first class mail real cheap
That's what I figured everyone was using. Thanks for suggesting that, I just shot them an email, we'll see what they say.

I dont use mine, so I guess that is fairly cheap. It has to be plugged in but thats all I do.

@Wagon_6 Auber ended up gaving me a break on the shipping of the new probe and I just sent the wrong one back to them for $5 flat ship. Glad you brought up what you did, it all worked out.

Back