Proposition 3-17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sflcowboy78

Reaction score
Guinness has come up with proposition 3-17 to make St. Patrick's day an offical holiday. Posted below is the link to sign the petition if you wish i signed it and they only need 976,503 more people to sign it to present it to congress. If your have any Irish in you you should support this even if you are only irish by injection. If you enjoy stouts you should support this Guinness is the best massbrewed stout. If you have ever been called a red headed stepchild you should support this just to show the feds you are not their stepchild. Come on let's band together and make St. Patrick's Day an offical holiday.

http://proposition317.com/

Yeah, that's just what we need...another bs holiday that the entire federal & state governments and every bank employee get to take off (meaning no mail or trash service or anything like that) while I still have to go to work because I'm in the private sector and, well, we actually have to do stuff. The post office already takes like 4 holidays a month...they need no more.

I am in the private sector also and would proball end up having to work also. But i still signed because I am proud of my irish heritage

Evan! said:
while I still have to go to work because I'm in the private sector and, well, we actually have to do stuff. The post office already takes like 4 holidays a month...they need no more.

Zing! As an American with Irish roots I say, NOPE. I'd vote for the Monday after Superbowl before St Paddy's day...

Evan! said:
Yeah, that's just what we need...another bs holiday that the entire federal & state governments and every bank employee get to take off (meaning no mail or trash service or anything like that) while I still have to go to work because I'm in the private sector and, well, we actually have to do stuff. The post office already takes like 4 holidays a month...they need no more.

Someone sounds a little bitter. I signed 975,607 to go.

1) Someone tell me the last federal law that was enacted due to a petition.
2) Then an online petition.
3) Read the disclaimer:
Your information can be used for any purpose deemed fit....
Hello Spam!
4) +1 Evan. I want the Pope to move Easter Sunday to Monday.

man i thought this would get more support but i guess not. i can understand some of your reasons for not wanting this but i figured i would give it a shot

Neat idea but it's just a marketing gimmick. Congress does not consider "propositions" and especially not online petitions.

Back