Proposing a new forum rule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
BREW THAT BEER! RULE.

I propose that, in the event someone posts asking if anyone else has used a non-traditional ingredient in the recipe of any beer, if there are 3 or more responses of "no" before a "yes" is posted, then the OP is obligated to brew using that ingredient and report back with the results.

"has anyone tried brewing a beer with asparagus?"

"no"

"no"

"no"

BREW THAT BEER!

I have tried an asparagus homebrewed beer. It was...asparagussy. It was not a pleasant experience.

Why do people reply 'no'?

I hate those replies, 'i've never tried that before...'
Then why did you reply?

And that phrase, 'I don't mean to hijack this thread...'
yes you did!

man, i sound like an old man today....

There's a point where you draw the line, and you sir have drawn it. I have seen some ridiculous things come to life on this forum, and I don't know that my heart can take a cat food farmhouse ale.

You should have read the thread before you posted the question!

Yes, you should always make a starter with 8 month old liquid yeast even if the estimated OG is below 1.060.

I thought it would be automatic. Forum rule and all that.

you thought if you brewed something you were asking about on the forums, if you were challenged to brew it, then the ingredients would be automatically provided?

quite the leap of logic

I want to reply something throat related, but I can't figure out anything funny.

It should have good body and great head. Maybe a brew that really sticks in the back of the throat. Perhaps the correct term is pallet:what:

Yeah, sticks in the back of the pallet. That's the right term.

I wish I could come up with something throat related off the top of my head add well. I guess I've only beer on my mind

Back