propane burner temperature regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niilo

Reaction score
I recently bought a Brinkman turkey fryer solely for the purpose of brewing. The flame keeps going out. Maybe I have it to high, but it's damn cold in Chicago right now. I know it has a temp regulator. Any way to remove this for future brewing? By doing this will it damge the burner? Im in the middle of a brew and this is really frustrating. Any and all help is much appreciated.

I had that problem last night with my Brinkman. At first it was the wind, then it was when I turned it down. And it was damn frustrating. Is it windy at all?

It's not that windy tonight. But as soon as it starts to boil it shuts off. This is beyond frustrating.

You might be turning the flame down too low. The interlock is a temperature detector that heats up by the flame and as long as it stays hot it keeps the interlock on. I just brewed a batch yesterday and got the flame down to a nice level to maintain the rolling boil.

Necro-post:

has anybody upgraded the regulator on the Brinkmann to a higher pressure one for a faster boil? Not sure what to get/if I need it to have the orifice or not, and/or what size.

Niilo, do you perhaps have one of those turkey fryer propane burners that has a safety feature on the HOSE where it turns off every XXX minutes?

If yes, you can bypass that safety feature by just duct-taping the safety knob so it stays depressed, which keeps the propane flowing.

Niilo, do you perhaps have one of those turkey fryer propane burners that has a safety feature on the HOSE where it turns off every XXX minutes?

This is a really old thread- I just brought it back from the dead to ask about regulators- I should probably just start a new thread.

It did have one of those regulators. I was frustrated with it so I bought a banjo burner. I still have but haven't fired it up since early spring. I did tape the regulator so it would stay on. Honestly I recommend upgrading to a banjo. It works a million times better.

Back