Promash Error "Bad or Missing File" - HELP!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeldp144

Reaction score
I have searched the forums, and I didn't see a solution for this. I went to open Promash last week, and I received an error before it would open stating "Bad or Missing File". I uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no success. On the Promash message boards, there are others dealing with this problem, but there doesn't appear to be any resolution or advice.

I have emailed Promash tech support but have not heard back from them.

Has anyone encountered this problem, and if so, have you found a solution? I have years worth of brewing history in Promash and some "created" recipes that I can't access now, and I am going to be crushed if I can't get that stuff back.

I love Promash and need it back. HELP!!!!!

Did you recently move any of the files or create shortcuts? Once I inadvertently copied the exe to my desktop rather than creating a shortcut and I believe that was the error...

Did you recently move any of the files or create shortcuts? Once I inadvertently copied the exe to my desktop rather than creating a shortcut and I believe that was the error...

I don't think that is the issue because I uninstalled and then reinstalled. I then ran the exe from the new file location on my hard-drive. I have switched to a Windows 7 computer, so I'm thinking it has something to do with that. However, Windows 7 has been out for a while, so it seems reasonable that someone would have encountered this and corrected it since then.

Latest posts

Back