Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillon

Reaction score
Im currently looking for a side project to keep me busy. I'm not sure what i want to do just something fun. i don't have a ton of tools but i can get access to some if i need to. I'm also a beginner so i need something kinda easy. any ideas are welcomed. :mug:

Thanks,
Dillon

I spy with my little eye something that is round, purple, does not have any hair, is bigger than my foot but smaller than my arm and is in the United States.

In other words, can you be slightly more specific about the project? Does it have to relate to home brewing? If it doesn't then I have some drywall you can hang and tools that make some men jealous. Come on over.

I would prefer it have something to do with home brewing. I have a small coat closet that I've thought about turning into a fermentation closet. Any ideas on what to include.

Ps I hate hanging sheet rock.

Not sure what your situation is, but personally I was sort of pressed for space. Considering I've been known to have a lot of hobbies, I have a lot of stuff to store and homebrewing has presented me with a constant challenge of storing 200 or so bottles and supplies.

Sooo, I made a closet for this stuff. I basically bumped it out from a wall and set it up so a sliding door would cover the closet and be hung from the ceiling on rollers. I won't get into the structural intricacies, but my challenge was building a sturdy closet without puncturing the hardwood floor (in case the future homeowner doesn't want it). I used cedar as the wall covering on the outside, varying the pattern so it would have a bit more character.

Something similar could be a fun project.

Closet.jpg

You can come and replace the carpet in my house with hardwoods, then expand my back patio...

T

Back