Problems with my new taprite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breweringbeaz

Reaction score
Recently purchased a new taprite for my kegerator (red knob version)-- I have a spilt that allows three kegs to carb at once. Worked perfectly the last two weeks. Added a new keg last night a Belgian Tripel. I set the psi to 30 and closed off the valves for the other two kegs. I checked today and there was a hissing sound coming from the regulator. Double checked for leaks and could find none. I read there's an internal pressure relief valve not sure if this is the case. I took the keg off and kept the two other kegs on set it to 8 psi and the hissing continues. Almost sounds like the keg is trying to fill up with co2 but won't stop. Any thoughts? Ideas? Or suggestions would be great. Right now I have turned off the co2.

Problem solved. After noticing I was losing CO2 I took it to my local oxygen shop. After a few tests we found a pin hole leak in the psi gauge. So after two co2 refills and a new psi gauge I'm back in business. Taprite is supposed to be sending me goodies to make it right.

Back