problems with 5.2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBSCZONER

Reaction score
I recently invested in 5.2 ph stabilizer due to suggestions from friends etc..

Ever since i started using the product my efficiency has been VERY LOW compaired to normal and i have not changed my procedures or anything. has anyone ever experienced poor efficiency when using this product?

Im thinking my ground water may just be better suited for brewing without the PH treatment

A better investment would be to get your groundwater tested so that you can start figuring out how to work with your water. Sit down and read the Water Knowledge page of Bru'n Water. It will help you understand how to move forward with your water.

Unfortunately, the Water Primer mentioned in the post above is useless to anyone that wants to use their own tap water for brewing. The Water Primer requires you to use only RO or distilled water as the basis for creating brewing water.

Using the Water Primer approach would be a shame if a brewer's tap water was already well suited to brewing. Learning what your water quality is and if it can work for brewing should be the first step a brewer takes when becoming 'water aware'.

I would let gravity do it's part and drop that in the trash can and listen to other friends.

Back