Probably been done but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinnan5150

Reaction score
You are trapped on an island (with convenient refrigeration) with one kind of beer (other than your homebrew), what is it? Mine would be Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale by Boulevard....this week anyway.

Good question, I guess if I could only have one, it would have to be Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Not that it is necessarily my favorite beer, but it is the one that I probably buy more than any other- I buy a lot of beer, and brew a lot of beer, but usually in terms of buying I'm trying new things more than anything. But the one beer I consistently go back too is Two Hearted.

And I think it would probably be a beer I wouldn't grow tired of.

I really like Leffe Blonde, and I really like Arrogant Bastard for example, but I don't think I could drink them constantly...In fact even my leffe clone is tiring at time, but I just never grow tired of it.

You really should have given this thread a less ambiguous title. Most folks probably think this is an "is my beer ruined" or "should I secondary" thread.

You should have called it Desert Island Beer or something.

Im thinking CCB Jai-alai the regular or white oak aged for the same reasons that Revvy mentioned. Its a beer that I can drink that I honestly dont think I can grow tired of (ive had a lot of it and if I would have grown tired of it, it would have probably already happened).

Im thinking CCB Jai-alai the regular or white oak aged for the same reasons that Revvy mentioned. Its a beer that I can drink that I honestly dont think I can grow tired of (ive had a lot of it and if I would have grown tired of it, it would have probably already happened).

This is cool, a beer I've never heard of!!!! Adding it to my wish list. :mug:

+1 to Revvy's Two Hearted Ale suggestion. Not that I think it's the best beer that I've ever had... I just find it very tasty and very drinkable.

anything, as long as it's a Fantome Saison. i just had my first one (Printemps) a few weeks ago and i think it's the most fascinating thing i've ever had. it was pretty intense, but i believe i could manage to drink that for the rest of my life.

and as for the jai alai, i will concur that it's great stuff. i'll be looking for more of their stuff when i get back to FL.

This is cool, a beer I've never heard of!!!! Adding it to my wish list. :mug:

Oh Revvy, you definitely need to have some Cigar City beers in your life. They're proof that world class beer can come from Florida. :ban:

Oh gosh this is hard. First I'd have to decide if I want a Belgian style or an IPA. I'd probably miss hops way too much with any of the Belgian styles, so I'd probably go with an IPA with that considered. Now do I want a complete melt your face hop bomb or something geared more towards the malt backbone? Hmm, probably something middle of the road, but just barely favoring the hops. Okay, favoring the hops to a fair extent, but not anything with crazy IBUs. Something I feel like I wouldn't get tired of, and of course I've gotta love the hops. So Centennial for sure. Sounds like Two Hearted would be great. But would I get tired of that single dimension of hops? Maybe. Gotta throw something else in there. I do like Simcoe a lot, and Amarillo too.

So something with a blend of Simcoe, Centennial, and Amarillo, not enough hops to break a donkey's back, but still rather assertive. I'm thinking Schlafly's AIPA. And if it's the only beer I get on my desert island, that means I get it year round, right?

I could easily exist on the Spanish Cedar version of that beer (humidor series). Probably my favorite beer of all time.

I could easily exist on the Spanish Cedar version of that beer (humidor series). Probably my favorite beer of all time.

I completely, wholeheartedly agree! I wish they sold it in sixers. Hell, I'd buy cases for that matter.

I even bought some spanish cedar online to try to replicate it, although I'm pretty sure, with 5/10 gallons on tap, I'd get fired from my job fairly quickly for showing up with a hangover every day.

I completely, wholeheartedly agree! I wish they sold it in sixers. Hell, I'd buy cases for that matter.

I even bought some spanish cedar online to try to replicate it, although I'm pretty sure, with 5/10 gallons on tap, I'd get fired from my job fairly quickly for showing up with a hangover every day.

I made some with wood from the brewery. 5g went fast, I must say!

Theres a little brewery/micro in wisconsin dells inside the moose jaw, its called hop ale....damn, I forever crave that brew....First brewmaster Ive met thats a woman, very impressive...I travel 2 hours just to grab a few growlers, its like heaven!!!

poislb said:
Theres a little brewery/micro in wisconsin dells inside the moose jaw, its called hop ale....damn, I forever crave that brew....First brewmaster Ive met thats a woman, very impressive...I travel 2 hours just to grab a few growlers, its like heaven!!!

Is that one of the indoor water parks? We're in Chicago and looking to take our daughter up there for spring break. Guess I know where we'll be staying!

Grinnan5150 said:
You are trapped on an island (with convenient refrigeration) with one kind of beer (other than your homebrew), what is it? Mine would be Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale by Boulevard....this week anyway.

I've been drinking a lot of Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin lately, so I'd take that with me.

I'm trapped, right? So, I'll probably be drinking before noon. It should be a session beer. Brown.... dang, did you say tropical or deserted? Lost Coast - Down town Brown.

Ithaca's Hop Stash... It doesn't show up all that often at my local watering hole, but when it does I wake up with a headache.

Mannys pale ale from Georgetown brewing in Seattle. Or maybe their Stella IPA. Both are hoppy and balanced and a joy if its your first of the night or your 10th of the morning. Either way, incredibly drinkable, sessionable beers made with love.

Kostrizer Schwarzbier. It was my first real German beer back when my brother and I stared buying mixed sixers of good beer after he turned 21. I have yet to find a beer that fulfills almost every thirst I may have at a given time. Refreshing and crisp, yet roasty enough to let you know you are drinking a real beer.

The truth I have not found my beer yet and every time I think I have a favorite I find a new one I love. My current beer that I love and could drink by the gallon is Troeg's Nugget Nectar but that could change seems to change every other day.

Clem

PS: This is a great list of beers to try

This is a very tough question for me. I love variety and usually have about 6 different brews in the fridge at any time. I rarely drink more than one of anything in a night. I just drink different brews every time I go to the fridge.

I love Belgians, Saisons and IPA's. I sometimes get burned out on IPA's. Belgians all the time might get old for me, even though they are by far my favorite style..

I guess if I had to pick it would probably be a Saison.

Firestone Double Jack IPA...the clarity, aroma, and taste is simply stunning. I have to buy a bottle every week, I simply can not help myself

If I was stuck on an island in lake Erie it would be great lakes Edmund Fitzgerald. But given that I'm envisioning a tropical island my favorite is two hearted.

Alterative choices include troegs hopback amber and ruination.

Is that one of the indoor water parks? We're in Chicago and looking to take our daughter up there for spring break. Guess I know where we'll be staying!

The moose jaw is a resturant, its preety sweet cause ya can see all the preeeeeety stainless from the road. Although, if ya stay at the great wolf its within walking distance from buffalo phils and they also serve the hop ale there..

Buffalo Phil's Pizza & Grille - Wisconsin Dells Dining Restaurant

Moose Jaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co - Wisconsin Dells, WI

Back