Primary is done (I believe)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renz

Reaction score
I wanted to ask the more seasoned Brewers here if anyone was ever nervous to try their first creation? I'm a bit wary to try just because I've been told that one little mistake could result in my mead harming me or others. Is that true and if so what kind of signs do I need to look for? Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Is it normal to have stuff at the bottom of my jug after racking?

I wanted to ask the more seasoned Brewers here if anyone was ever nervous to try their first creation? I'm a bit wary to try just because I've been told that one little mistake could result in my mead harming me or others. Is that true and if so what kind of signs do I need to look for? Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond.

You'll be fine. Homebrew, be it cider, beer, wine or mead won't hurt you. This is an old tale from prohibition days when people would get bad liquor from moonshiners & home distilleries. Since you're not distilling, there is nothing in your homebrew that can hurt you. Just remember that mead might need some aging to get really good.
Regards, GF.

You'll be fine. Homebrew, be it cider, beer, wine or mead won't hurt you. This is an old tale from prohibition days when people would get bad liquor from moonshiners & home distilleries. Since you're not distilling, there is nothing in your homebrew that can hurt you. Just remember that mead might need some aging to get really good.

Regards, GF.

Thank and thank everyone for their response

Mead is the most forgiving of the things that you can brew. Just remember to age it at least 6-8 months, best if it's a year.

Matrix

Latest posts

Back