prices dropped on hops.. alot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsdrake219

Reaction score
i started this thrill of a hobby about a year ago.. price of hops dropped. price of brewing thus did the same.. im loving new prices.. i hear grain used to be alot cheaper.... maybe that will go back down too.. that would be awesome.:mug:

I doubt grain prices will drop. The current hop prices reflect historical prices. There was a major shortage in 2007 due to warehouse fires, weather, etc.

yup, LHBS for me is beer-wine.com ( 2 minute drive from work) and they still sell hops at $4 an ounce, I guess thats cus they over paid as well...what ev, got me 3lbs in the mail for $28.. can you say .59 an ounce? I can..can the LHBS? mm. i doubt it.

Best way to decrease your grain price is to buy it by the bag, even if you have to split a bag with a friend. Find a local brewery that will sell it by the bag to homebrewers or a local home brew shop that will cut you a deal.

Our local shop, does pallet specials once in awhile that turn out to be good.

cheers

~r~

I don't see grain prices coming down due to the amount of grain imported and the drop in the dollar's value. This allows domestic grains to stay high. Additionally you have a large amount of acreage now going to corn production due to the govt subsidies for ethanol. All these combine to keep the price where it is and maybe continue to rise.

so does that mean corn prices shold be decreasing? meaning miller prices will decrease verus the recent increase they had?

hahah i doubt they will be lowing the prices back down unless the raise hurt their profits ALOT

I don't think grain prices have gone up all that much. They're maybe 20% higher than they were when I started brewing over 10 years ago. That's lower than the rate of inflation.

Back