Pressure drop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allekornbrauer

Reaction score
Hello I have my Co2 regulator an tank inside my refrigerator where I am force carbonated my beer. So here the problem I am seeming I have my Co2 sets to 30psi an after 10 to 15min later it goes down to 25psi what could cause this problem?

Is the tank valve on your CO2 open? If you pressurize to 30 psi and then close the tank valve, the pressure will drop as CO2 absorbs into the beer.

If that's not the case, then you may have a flaky regulator. The setting shouldn't change much as the temp of the regulator changes.

Brew on :mug:

Per numerous reports here, if said regulator was set while still warm it isn't unusual for the regulator to need readjustment once it's been chilled down to fridge temperature.
Can't say I understand why as my regulators are all outside their respective freezers & fridges but it clearly is a thing. If I had to guess it's due to the increased stiffness of the rubber diaphragm...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back