premium vs free HBT membership?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
I'm all about supporting the site but had a couple of questions before i become a paid member. So, what are the benefits of being a "full" member? What does the money go towards? How much is it? any input is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

BC

It's somewhere around $2/month. I assume it pays for all of the servers required to host the site.

When you upgrade you can add an avatar, you get MUCH more email space than the 5 in/outgoing messages, you can elect to turn off ads and most importantly you'll be supporting an awesome community.

You can get rid of adds. Adds are important, they help pay for the site but I get tired of them. Didn't even know after becoming a paid member they could be ended until later on.

The other thing is iike dfc said, "you'll be supporting an awesome community!"

I can turn off ads and I'm not a paying member.. Should I not have said that? Will I lose that ability now??

There are a few benefits, as listed in this link. One of the biggest benefits IMO is that beer swaps are only available to premium supporters. There's one being organized right now for the christmas season.

A4J said:
There are a few benefits, as listed in this link. One of the biggest benefits IMO is that beer swaps are only available to premium supporters. There's one being organized right now for the christmas season.

Thanks. Pretty straight forward. Cheers.

You just ****ed it up it up for the rest of us! Haha, jk. It's actually been really quiet there lately. I'd make a contribution but SWMBO has been, we'll say... uncooperative.

You just need to be a shower ninja, get in there and take a pic without her noticing.

True, you just need to convince her how much money she can save you.

Haha! If I was paying on a year to year basis, maybe. But I'm a lifetime supporter, so money savings doesn't fly as an excuse anymore. I figure I'll wear her down eventually. At least before she starts going gray, lol.

Boneyards, stickers, disney... Where did this thread go? Forget it. Go on, commence.

Latest posts

Back