Predictions thread 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatelliteGuy

Reaction score
I was just checking out the How Many Gallons 2010 thread, where I'm sure we'll break 25,000 today (only 58 gallons away, as of this post).
Just in a general comparison to last year, where you guys broke 25,000 on November 29th... and ended the year with 30,862, what are your estimates on where we end this year?

As for my prediction, I'm thinking 45,000.

:mug:

To reach 45,000, we would almost have to double where the total is now in only 3 months and 10 days. Admirable, but impossible.

Purely based on math, I'd go with 35,000.

The question is how many active members actually contribute to that thread? I know I don't and I would guess I'm not alone.

Since it looks like most members do not post to the thread does it matter?

lol, Agreed,there's no way of knowing how much is produced each year. If we had a percentage of those that actually post to that thread compared to the membership of HBT, we still wouldn't know because of other variables....

Well obviously he meant how high the tally on the thread will go. I don't think he wanted anyone to guess how much some guy who joined in 2007 and hasn't posted since May of '08 brewed this year...

I think you could pretty conservatively multiply the number by 4-10, and you would get something closer to the actual amount of beer brewed by HBT members.

I posted in the thread last year, but then I started getting closer to my household limit and quit posting. Not that I think the ATF is going to bust my door down, but it's never a good idea to stand out on purpose (especially if you happen to live in one of the places where homebrewing is outlawed or restricted).

Back