PRE ORDER SALE - Keg DRY hop filter from Nor Cal Brewing $35 SHIPPED (US only)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine the other day and am excited to use it in my next batch! No more hop bags for whole leaf and I'm hoping it reduces some of the trub when using pellets.

1. Whats the capacity on the keg hopper (pellets or only flowers?) work w coffee grounds?

2. What's the return policy on the blow up doll?

1. Whats the capacity on the keg hopper (pellets or only flowers?) work w coffee grounds?

2. What's the return policy on the blow up doll?

Not exactly sure on the hops but were thinking at least 8 oz of pellets. That would give them plenty of room to expand. Whole hops I would think about 3 to 4 oz.

Funny you should ask about the coffee. We are doing a cold brew coffee test today. I'll keep you posted.

The blow up doll is like a SWMBO.... NO RETURNS! Once you buy her your stuck with her! Baaaaahhhhaaaaaaahhhhaaaa

Cheers
Jay

Ordering 2. Added some three piece airlocks but then it wants me to pay shipping. Anyway around this?. Figure they are light and will fit inside. Are these coming from you or drop shipping. Please let me know.
Thank you,
TL

ordered 2. Chose in store pickup as adding a few 3 piece airlocks I lost free shipping option. Sounds like these aren't drop shipping so this should be ok?
Looking forward to keg hopping under nice CO2 environment.

TL

any update on the coffee test? Also, will these sink when loaded with 8oz of hops or do we need to add weights?

YES Mellman. The coffee test was a TOTAL success! Loads less fines in the bottom of the big container we use for cold press... We only used 2 cups of coffee but we easily could have added 4 cups of coffee to this hop filter basket. Now keep in mind we SUPER FINE grinding the coffee. There are fines that do get through don't get me wrong. But it was about 1/2 as much as there are when we were using the nylon steeping bag. when you do this Add coffee to the basket, put the basket in your vessel and THEN add the water over the top. Or your coffee will float in the basket and it will take forever for the water to get to all the coffee.

No you wont need to add weights to this at all.

Cheers
Jay

ordered 2. Chose in store pickup as adding a few 3 piece airlocks I lost free shipping option. Sounds like these aren't drop shipping so this should be ok?
Looking forward to keg hopping under nice CO2 environment.

TL

Its all good! We already shipped out your airlocks :)

Cheers
Jay

YES Mellman. The coffee test was a TOTAL success! Loads less fines in the bottom of the big container we use for cold press... We only used 2 cups of coffee but we easily could have added 4 cups of coffee to this hop filter basket. Now keep in mind we SUPER FINE grinding the coffee. There are fines that do get through don't get me wrong. But it was about 1/2 as much as there are when we were using the nylon steeping bag. when you do this Add coffee to the basket, put the basket in your vessel and THEN add the water over the top. Or your coffee will float in the basket and it will take forever for the water to get to all the coffee.

No you wont need to add weights to this at all.

Cheers
Jay

This is terrible news... /s:rockin:

Thanks Jay, preorder incoming.

Sorry, Jaybird. Forgot my username in the comments section (reading is hard) when I ordered one yesterday. Order number is 11944. thank you!

Any reason this wouldn't also work as a hop spider in the boil kettle? I think I would use it more often for that over dry hopping.

Back