Pre-installed Boilcoils

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truebe

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a blichmann kettle with a pre-installed boilcoil? They install the electrical connection at the front of the kettle right next to the spigot which seems like an awkward place to put it. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on why they do it this way.

Yea it's annoying, wish it was towards the back of the kettle. My only guess as to why is the way the diptube goes through and over the boil coil. If the plug was from the back i think there is too much distance from the kettle wall for the diptube to fit.

Has anyone bought a blichmann kettle with a pre-installed boilcoil? They install the electrical connection at the front of the kettle right next to the spigot which seems like an awkward place to put it. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on why they do it this way.
easier setup and teardown?

I just build a eHERMS brewery out of Blichmann 20 gallon kettles and used BoilCoils. I specifically did not buy the premade kettles since I wanted the element connectors facing out the back of the kettle. The connector is robust and quite deep, so I think it is safe in the factory location. I used the included template for measuring the height, but installed the connectors 135 degrees off of the front pointing to the connector off the back. The BoilCoil is quite flexible and can confirm there is zero interference with the diptube.

Chris

'im guessing it's due to them wanting all the valves and connections on one side so you do'nt smack it into anything or having to reach around a 20 gallon kettle to unplug or plug it in while the temperature is potentially 200+ degrees.

I also installed the boilcoil with the plug in the back of my 30gal boilermaker with no issues.

Back