Potential home brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerJase

Reaction score
So I just bought a new house. I've got this room in the basment that my wife thinks is nothing but a storage space. I see it as a great home brewery. There is lots of room, high ceilings, water and drains. Also an easy run from the main electrical panel. (I have an electric brewing setup) I don't plan on going as crazy as some of you on this forum. Although I wish I could.
I would like some input from those with dedicated brewing areas on what is a must and what is a luxury when it comes to finishing this area.
Thanks so much.

View attachment 1450969512348.jpg

what is your plumbing situation ?
Add a bathroom while you are at it.... stinks running up stairs to go poddy....

1. Good lighting
2. GOOD ventilation
3. TV near by ??
4. FRP around Brewing stand - wipes right off
5. seal your floor
6. add more power than you think you will need - fermentors/kegerator/computer - everything has a plug !
7.storage, storage, storage

2 cents
S

stinks running up stairs to go poddy....
S

Poddy? What is that, I go potty. :D:D

-------------

I would plan LOTS of shelving and storage. I thought I had done that, now that the Zymatic is here I have lost a ton of table top area. It is also going to block my 'flavor' grain/ingredients storage area.

Plan storage for when things are "put away" as well.

My garage/partial basement has a drain so I don't worry about washing it all down.

Venting to get rid of excess moisture while boiling.

Are you going with an electric or gas system?

If you want - I'll post a link to a DIY e-BIAB system that would fit amazingly in that space. And it isn't expensive. NVM - here's the link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-all-grain-electric-beer-brewery-BIAB/

If you go with the e-BIAB system, you should have room for an old chest freezer that will act as a fermentation chamber.

What are the dimensions of the space? Is there one of those basement windows up on one of the walls?

Steam, steam, steam! It has to be ventilated or you will get condensation. Even a squirrel cage fan and a 4" PVC pipe will get rid of it to the outside,

Back