Pot and Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $40 for a similar one new at WalMart. I guess it depends on how close this guys is to you, and subsequently how easy or difficult it would be to obtain the item. Assuming it's easy to get, I'd take it IIWY.

Keep in mind that a 30qt pot will me tight for a full 5 gallon boil... since you will probably begin with nearly 6.5 gallons and then you have the hot break to deal with. Id get it, use the pot for turkey and use the burner under your new keggle... yeah! That is what I ended up doing... my 32 qt pot was horrible for boilovers...

That's the setup I have and paid $40 for it also. I would get it. I have never had a problem with boilovers with 6.5 gallon boils as long as I have a spray bottle close by. If you want to be able to relax a bit more when you brew and have the coin, buy a bigger ss pot or keggle.

well for $20, isnt the burner worth it? but then it might not support the bigger and better kettles.....

sigh, i should just wait.

It'll be fine for a keggle... cruise the alleys of a college campus after a weekend of partying... pickup a keg that they threw out... you can build a keggle for $40...

Back