Post pictures of stuff you have made (besides beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also built a MAME arcade cabinet a couple years ago which fits nicely next to the kegerator:

n1246371693_30084006_8991.jpg

You guys do some nice work! I've done a lot of nifty things, but here are a few of my favorites.

A frame saw from ash with padauk handles:
710aad78.jpg

A big bowl from cherry:
cherrybowl_090607_2.jpg

A box from some wormy oak:
oakybox1.jpg

A jewelry box from hickory with inlaid bubinga burl veneer on the top and woodburned lions inside:
jewelry1.jpg

-Joe

I built the tower, Bimini top, the swim platform (all aluminum, TIG welded) and did the custom paint (2 part epoxy) I installed the 3500W sound system and did the frame work for the upholstry. I have since pulled the motor and rebuilt its a 400+hp 350 this boat (without tower) will do 71 MPH!!!! YA BABY
JJ

I am considering building a fish tank stand as well. Where did you get the plans to build it or did you kind of "wing it"?

I designed and built it all myself. It's a 2x4 legs and bottom, 2x6 for the top frame with a 1/2" maple ply covering. The edging is all solid walnut I made from one large piece of wood. If i were to do it again, I'd use all 3/4" furniture grade ply and just reinforce the top. I lose a lot of space inside because of the 2x's.

the bench beside it is 1x2 frame with 1/4" ply. the walnut on that is contact adhesive glued on. They were cutoffs from when I made the trim for the tank. When I move out of where I'm living now, I'm covering the top in brown leather. (roommate's cat scratches everything now)

B

We've got some very skilled and talented craftsmen around this place! My contribution is purely mechanical in nature. Even though it was originally created by GM, it bares little resemblance to the original with regard to performance after I got through with it, LOL!

DSC01753-2.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

We've got some very skilled and talented craftsmen around this place! My contribution is purely mechanical in nature. Even though it was originally created by GM, it bares little resemblance to the original with regard to performance after I got through with it, LOL!
Thats Very NICE! I like it! :rockin:

Is that Dropped spindles I see? Do you know what kind of power it makes? Must be making some power, because you put some Go Fast Be safe stuff in there. (Refferencing the Scatter Shield). I like the rim combination are those Torque Thrust!

Cheers! :mug:

Preston

Thats Very NICE! I like it! :rockin:

Is that Dropped spindles I see? Do you know what kind of power it makes?

Cheers! :mug:

Preston

Thanks Preston! No drop spindles, but the car has been lowered by about 1.5" with a competition spring kit (higher spring rate), front and rear. It's got tublular upper and lower controls arms up front. A Moser 12 bolt rear with 3.73's and Tremec TKO-600 5-speed make this thing almost too fun to drive. Almost!

I don't know if you're familiar with the body designations that GM uses, but my car is an F-body (Firebird, Camaro). I installed new B-body spindles (Impalla) that allowed me to install the larger front brake rotors (12" vs. 10" for stock F-body) and use stock style calipers.

As far as power is concerned. It is a 400 block that has been bored and stroked to 461 CI (forged crank and rods). 72cc Edelbrock heads with dished pistons to give me a CR of 10.25:1 (pump gas friendly). I had it on a chassis dyno last fall and she made 523 hp and 567 lb.ft of torque!

Here's a little video for your viewing pleasure, LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the scattershield was a no brainer as this power level. I've gotten real used to having feet, LOL! The wheels are American Racing Torque Thrust II's. They've become very common lately, almost too common, but I really like the classic muscle car look they give. The 17" wheels not only give the car better handling and a better stance, they also give me access to a much better selction of performance tires. The tires I chose have a 50's series sidewall. That provides real nice handling, but not at the expense of too little sidewall. I'm not a big fan of 19" wheels with that rubber band look of 40's series tires on these old cars.

I like it.
I put down 940 hp on the chassis dyno with 1130 torque on 10lb boost with my toy. Unfortunately during an shake down high 8 second pass, it leaned out on the big end and broke the ring land on one of the pistons, So I pulled the engine and it is in paint right now while I Research the fuel problem and choose a different Piston package.. Cant wait to get it going again. There is a Vintage drag race in two months that I hope to make. Last year no one got into the 10's (Run what you brung). I hope to walk away with the big prize!:D
DSC01833.jpg

Cheers
Preston

Ok, this thread proves we aren't 100% a bunch of drunks...we are functional drunks!

And what the hell is that acrylic thing? I'm dumbfounded

The thread proves that we are drunks, drunks hat spend lots of money on projects that cost more then brewing "producing children included". Brewing seems to be a minor hobby for some people here. The minor money pit of brewing(never thought you would hear that did you)

I built this from the frame up (after I crashed it's long lost cousin, of course - which served as the heart donor). Not as impressive as some of those monster engines/cars that some of you can boast about, but it was fun anyway.

I built this from the frame up (after I crashed it's long lost cousin, of course - which served as the heart donor). Not as impressive as some of those monster engines/cars that some of you can boast about, but it was fun anyway.

reminds me a lot of my CBR F2 in the garage

...Not as impressive as some of those monster engines/cars that some of you can boast about, but it was fun anyway.

Non-sense! I'm very impressed! That beauty, and it is a beautiful piece of work, is no less intricate than my Pontiac. It's just on a smaller scale with two less wheels, LOL! Very nicely done!:mug:

Thanks. Unfortunately, I sold it about 2 weeks ago. I just never rode it anymore (shame on me). I'll get the bug again before too long, but I'm bikeless for now.

Yeah, they're from basically the same era of motorcycle design. The ZX-11 just had almost twice the engine. :D

it's more than enough for me...I can still go 145 on it...my honda car with more hp and less weight can't go that fast!

This is a ATB bike frame im working on, CroMo tubing, fillet brazed.
00002eu4.jpg

This is a road bike frame my brother and I build, lugged instead of fillet.
00006bw8.jpg

These two pics are of the terracing we're building to expand our garden area.
00011ee7.jpg

00012vs2.jpg

I make 3D models of weapons for counter strike: source and such for fun. Here's a few examples (chronologically ordered).

when I got to know a little bit more about guns and modeling, I made this model of a pump-action shotgun:
mossfin.jpg

A pistol then:
linksvoormidden.jpg

Then I tried a bit harder and made the first model that actually got used by a few people, it's a 9mm banana-clip UMP machine pistol:
umprender1.jpg

Then came what I personally see as my piece the resistance, a Taurus Raging Bull in it's largest caliber:
bigbadrender11.jpg

Obviously these are unskinned models, other people like playing with photoshop and such so I let them do that. Yet other people like to animate this stuff and yet anóther group of people enjoy integrating them into the actual game.

Nice to see another Poncho man! I only had a 406 Poncho but it was 12.8-1 with 16s ported and polished. Really wished I had been able to hold onto that car.

Back