post cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G. Cretin

Reaction score
Can I take the post for my conies apart to clean them or should I just force H2O through them?

Do you mean the gas and liquid fittings on your corny kegs? They unscrew easily, and the poppit in the center pops out for easy cleaning. I usually clean mine in between batches, unless I'm feeling lazy. Then I just run sanitizer through them.

G. Cretin said:
Can I take the post for my conies apart to clean them or should I just force H2O through them?

You don't want to just use water to clean out your kegs G. Here is a link to a great site for Soda Keg Maintenance. I have found there new method of cleaning to be a real time saver. A hot PBW soak will do all the hard work for you.

You should also take apart the plastic quick disconnects that connect your beer lines to the keg and clean those as well. You can fit a large blade, flat screw driver into the slot on the top and unscrew it to get at the valve and spring.

John

John,

Great link on keg maintenance. :)

I love the idea of a plastic bucket for cleaning/sanitizing the top. I'll try it today.

-a.

johnsma22 said:
You should also take apart the plastic quick disconnects that connect your beer lines to the keg and clean those as well. You can fit a large blade, flat screw driver into the slot on the top and unscrew it to get at the valve and spring.

John
I guess I asked my question wrong but you got what I was looking for. thanx for the link.

Back