possible mold in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootersrx26

Reaction score
I racked my third batch ever yesterday. I noticed a couple of floaties around the top edges of the carboy after I racked it but after looking again today there are a lot more. They are little yellowish balls of different sizes and I don't know what else they could be other than some type of mold. Can anyone tell me if it is mold and what I should do. I would like to be able to save this batch because it is a rather expensive one.

You are fine. It sounds like yeast clumps. If you can take a pic and post it, that would help, but what you described sure sounds like yeast to me.

Loop

Don't toss it. Pretty much never toss a batch unless you KNOW it's bad, because usually it isn't. I agree with loop, it's probably just yeasties clumping up. If it smells ok and tastes ok, it's fine.

This is a picture of the chunks but it didn't come out very clear

0220081516.jpg

Ahhh...

That would be the red x variaty of yeast...I think you should dump your beer!!!:p :p

Thanks for trying the pic, but really, I think your beer is ok.

Loop

Latest posts

Back