Portable Draft Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bredle

Reaction score
Thought I would share my portable draft system for anyone else who might be interested. I tried to keep it simple and easy to bring with me (and a 3 gallon keg made that easy). If you're interested in how I did it (again, pretty simple but very useful), I wrote it up here:

http://boykingbrewhaus.com/2014/09/13/portable-draft-system/

IMG_3932-225x300.jpg

Educating my friends that a little trigger pressure goes a long way. The issue comes when they lay on the gas before checking carbonation, so encouraging them to pour first, and then give it a small shot of CO2 if needed!

Fantastic travel setup! Absolutely love it! Probably also great for still mead if one keeps the pressure to 5psi!

I just ordered a 2.5 G keg, first to keg smaller batches, but moreso to have a more portable keg system. I plan to do a paintball cylinder and picnic tap, but same idea. Like the keglove!

Cycl - Keglove has worked great. I like the smaller keg because of portability, but it's also easy to plan a batch size and fill. You either do a small batch (which I'll do as BIAB), or you make a large batch (7-8 gallons) of your favorite brew and fill 5 and 2-3 gallon kegs!

Back