Poll: Are you a musician?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a musician?

• Yes. I am a musician.

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Professional guitarist here. I also build custom acoustic guitars and there will be an electric prototype underway soon!

I voted no, I play several instruments though, I just dont actively play them ,once in a while I will pick up an instrument and play for a month or so if it catches my fancy, I play the trumpet, coronet, french horn, tuba, trombone, most any brass instrument really, I also play the harmonica, and the Irish tin whistle, I am working on learning to play the bagpipes, it just seems like a big investment to try to learn, any suggestions from some pipers?

I play guitar for my church and have another band as well. I am trained in classical guitar but haven't done much of that in the past few years, might pick it up again soon though.

Singing since before I could talk (or so mom says). I used to sing in various neighborhood garage/pickup bands back in my younger days but these days my vocalizations are limited to the car or karaoke.

I also play piano and can play a few chords on guitar.

Voted yes. Played saxophone for 3 years in middle-school, and thats the only formal music education I've ever had. Since then, I've picked up (in order): guitar, a little bass, piano. I'm still best at saxophone but don't play it nearly enough. I've been having a lot of fun lately playing piano and teaching myself some basic music theory: dunno why but its just easier for me to grasp the concepts learning them on the piano.

Voted yes. Played saxophone for 3 years in middle-school, and thats the only formal music education I've ever had. Since then, I've picked up (in order): guitar, a little bass, piano. I'm still best at saxophone but don't play it nearly enough. I've been having a lot of fun lately playing piano and teaching myself some basic music theory: dunno why but its just easier for me to grasp the concepts learning them on the piano.

I studied music in college, and being that I was never formally trained until then, I had to learn piano to be able to sight-read. This means that whenever I think in theory, I still picture the relationships on the piano instead of the guitar, even though its not my main instrument. I guess the piano just has a simpler layout.

been playing guitar and singing for 17 yrs, I've sat and played 10-12hrs straight in a day. That really helps you become one with the instrument. I have played in bands when I was younger, and even packed up the car and drove to LA and San Diego, but I spent more time trying to working to eat and trying from sleeping in a garage and in my car, but actually, I did those things so I could have more time to practice....good times, never regret chasing my dreams because it led me to california and I had a lot of great times and met some really cool people. Now I just write for myself on garage band and Logic studio.

Blues guitarist and drummer who also dabbles with keyboards and sax. Can also be caught once in a while jammin rock and roll!!

Gary

Voted yes but like most of you guys, I have a family and other responsibilities that don't leave enough time to focus on music anymore. I play guitar and sing for the most part and am into a lot of different styles. I used to play in some post-punk bands through college and even faked my skills enough to land a short term gig touring with a band that took me to Japan. Now a days I just play with friends when I have free time.

Guitar, have strat and a lp that I play on. Had a few rock bands nothing for awhile though.

I've been playing bass for about 25 years. Been playing with the same group of guys for the last 15. We're trying to get into the local Rock Hunt and are in the running for the wild card slot. If you're feeling generous, do me a favor and vote for Hip Bobsha. Thanks! Here's the link.

I play classical double bass and bass guitar professionally. My website can be found easily enough but I haven't updated in so long I won't link it here. Currently only major group is Bellflower Symphony. Also finishing my Music Ed Bachelor's, so I've got pretty decent vocal and piano skills. Also a bit of guitar in my background. Currently in woodwind methods class so I can also sound like a middle school flautist...

But seriously, I also give lessons on double bass, bass guitar, and occasionally guitar. Currently only 3 in the studio, room for more 😉

I play acoustic six and twelve string and electric guitar, on and off for 39 years. I also sing. I remember I had a garage band with my friends in high school for awhile (didn't we all back then) and we thought we were great! We were just starting out and we had a blast. We never got out of the garage or played anywhere else!! :). I miss those days! I kept with it though all these years and still play here and there. Maybe I'll write a song about brewing!

John

I started on cello, and regularly play guitar, bass, drums, and sing. I would say that I have a working knowledge of about a dozen instruments, but I would never describe myself as a master of any of them.

guitar and piano, mostly. Oddly enough play most actively playing bass in two hardcore/punk bands. Just bought the gf a violin the other day and am restoring an old 1950 acoustic.

I've played the bagpipes for about 10 years, besides St Patrick's day and half-way which are great events for the free beer, most times I'm playing funerals. I'm honored to play funerals for family members of police /fire/military but, not very festive occasions for sure.

Baritone and Tenor Saxophones, Bass Guitar, and various homemade electronic synthesizers/sequencers/noisemakers.

Latest posts

Back