Please Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockya91

Reaction score
I am brand new to brewing. So I bought a beer making kit and a beer ingredient kit.
The directions stated to let my beer ferment for 10-14 days. It has been 6 days and it stopped bubbling out of the airlock. Is my beer ruined. What should I do. I don't know exactly what do next.

Please Help!!!!!

You'll be fine. The fermenting process continues even when there is very little observable reaction. Most of the big time fermenting happens in the first few days and you'll see that airlock bubbling away. It eventually slows, but processes are still going on like yeast cleaning up fermentation byproducts.

While the airlock bubbling is reassuring (and fun to watch) it isn't the most reliable indicator that fermentation is taking place.

Your beer is fine, soon you will have a tasty new beverage to enjoy, one you made yourself!

Awesome!!!!
I was soo worried my first beer making experience would turn into a disaster. So I should follow the directions listed in the kit. And let it sit 10-14 days. Also are there any tricks or tips on doing a second fermentation. The directions say that they suggest it. But is it necessary?

There are a ton of threads on whether or not to secondary. Some situations have advantages for secondary (dry hopping, adding fruit, allowing bigger gravity beers to condition, etc). A lot of people do not secondary, but rather make sure their primary goes to full completion. And then allow the yeast another week to clean up the by products. If you want clearer beer in the bottle a little faster, you can search for cold crashing techniques (only after the beer has fully cleaned up).

Latest posts

Back