Please help me find some gear!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soldstatic

Reaction score
I'm building a system. Aren't we all? Here's what I need. I am having trouble finding it for this type of application. I worked in the instrument and controls field for a firm that designed power plants, so I can find all kinds of stuff that's ridiculously expensive. So I need your help to track down some less expensive stuff please! All ideas are welcome!

Flow control valves: I'm going to use a steam injection system, so I need an FCV that can be partially opened / closed on a 0-5v analog signal. Or some other kind of digital signal. Don't worry, I'll have some manual shut off valves and a pressure relief valve too ;), but the one I'm having the hardest finding is one that can do STEAM! I could probably use two or three for liquid as well, but only need one for the steam. Actually might be two if we can find them at a decent price.

Thermocouples: These aren't going to be too difficult, but I maybe somebody has already found some that they can point me to. I'd like to get 4 or 5 that I can get a 0-5v signal from and pipe to my automated system. I'll get some gauged ones too, but those are pretty easy to find.

That's all I'm missing for now, but I'm sure as I build it out I will need more advice from yall ;)

Back