Please delete.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for some reason i wanted to post a baby photo....

1639664821449.png

and off to work! :love: :mug:

We have a soup thread?

We do now.

Lamb or Goat Head Posole
Ingredients
Soup
  • 1.5 cup (8 oz) dried Mexican white hominy
  • 1 lamb or goat head preferably with the tongue
  • 1 lb lamb or goat stew meat or a neck, meat cut off the bone and diced for stew
  • 1 large yellow onion diced ¼ inch, about 3 cups
  • 3 large cloves fresh garlicminced, about 1 tablespoon
  • 10 cups water
  • 2 teaspoons fresh ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil or lard
  • Kosher salt to taste
  • 3 oz dried guajillo chilis
  • 3 dried bay leaves
  • 2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
Garnishes
  • Fresh chopped cilantro to taste
  • Shredded cabbage
  • Fresh lime wedges
  • Sliced radishes
  • Diced avocado
  • Crumbled queso fresco cheese
Instructions
  • Season the head lightly with salt and pepper and roast in a 350 F oven for 45 minutes. In a stock pot large or wide enough to fit the head, sweat the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the head, hominy, stew meat, bay leaves, dried oregano, water, cover and bring the mixture to a low simmer, then cover and cook for 3-4 hours.
  • The head will not be completely covered with water, so you’ll need to turn it occasionally to ensure even cooking.*
  • Put the chilis in a blender or food processor with 1.5 cups hot stock from the posole, and puree until smooth, then add back to the pot.
  • When the meat is tender and the hominy has started to pop, remove the head and cool on a cutting board. Using gloves, remove the meat from the head when cool, including the tongue, and chop coarsely, peeling the tongue beforehand.
  • Add the chopped meat back to the soup, season to taste with salt, then serve, garnished with lime, avocado, cilantro and radishes.

That looks like a traditional Norwegian Sunday lunch. You'll be needing some traditional Norwegian farmhouse to wash that experience away down the drain. It reminds of a joke I read the other day.

A brain and a spark plug walk into a bar...
The brain walks up to the bar and says:
" can i have a beer for my friend and I?"

The barman looks at the brain and goes back to polishing his glass.

The brain tries again: "Can I have a beer please?!?"

"No, not for you. Not today guys." The barman says, not looking up from his task.

"Well, why not?!?" The brain asks, now quite perplexed.

"Well" the barman pauses... "you look like you're out of your head. And your mate, he looks like he's just about to start something."

We've gone from goats to dad jokes. The apocalypse is upon us.

A duck walks into a bar and asks: "Got any bread?"
Barman: "No."
Duck: "Got any bread?"
Barman: "No."
Barman: "I'm telling you, we have no bread."
Barman: "No, are you deaf?! We haven't got any bread, and if you ask me again and I'll nail your bill to the bar you irritating duck!"
Duck: "Got any nails?"
Barman: "No"

Back