Plate Chiller and Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MgMt_Home_Brew

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm planning on buying this plate chiller
http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=HX2330

My plan is to get the 3/4" NPT Female fittings on it. Then pick up some male quick disconnect fittings and keep them all the same as what I already have which are these:
http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?partnum=6739K68

My question is what size male fitting do I need to get to thread into the female 3/4" NPT threads on the plate chiller?

I was thinking that part number 6739K59 on McMaster.com might work but I don't know if they are the correct size to fit.

Any Advice is appreciated.

I was thinking that part number 6739K59 on McMaster.com might work but I don't know if they are the correct size to fit.

Any Advice is appreciated.

You will need that part but it is only 1/2" NPT (they do not have it in 3/4") so you will also need a bushing to fit the 3/4" female threads (4429K414). Your plug for disconnect will screw into bushing then this will screw into your 3/4" female pipe threads on chiller.

You will need that part but it is only 1/2" NPT (they do not have it in 3/4") so you will also need a bushing to fit the 3/4" female threads (4429K414). Your plug for disconnect will screw into bushing then this will screw into your 3/4" female pipe threads on chiller.

Damn I was afraid of that. Thanks for finding that bushing, the only thing I could find before was an adapter and they were each $15. There is so much on that site sometimes it's hard to find things. Thanks a lot!

Alright so I think I figured it all out. I am going to get the plate chiller with the 3/4" female threads with the following parts to hook everything up. I already have a couple QD fittings so I don't need to order many.

Bushings: $3.45 each
Part Number: 4429K414
Quantity: 3

Male Quick Disconnect Fittings: $1.98 each
Part Number: 6739K59
Quantity: 3

Quick Disconnect Hose Coupling $6.47 each
Part Number: 6739K64
Quantity: 2

Brass Swivel Garden Hose Adapter $9.12 each
Part Number: 70815T47
Quantity: 1 (pack of 2)