Plastic PET 500ml Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorgideas

Reaction score
I'm looking for a wholesale supplier for the amber 500ml PET plastic beer bottles. Just about every online brewery supplier sell them at a retail price, and they seem to be all the same make. I also need the plastic caps for them. I need to find a company that will sell to the normal joe at a descent price. I need webpages,Prices and minimum amounts you have to order. Can anyone Please help me out?

Thanks,

Yogi

Of course I've tried googling it with no results.

The product I'm looking for is the amber PET 5ooml plastic beer bottles at a wholesale price.

Could anyone give me a website where they are sold?

Thanks,
yogi

Good attitude. I bet if you always respond to first time posters like that, that they'll keep coming back to the forum.

First you make fun of the guy whose dog died from eating hops, and then you use LMGTFY. Seriously?

Someones dog died from eating hops?

<insert some adage that says its better to teach someone how to fish instead of giving them a fish>

I'm looking for a wholesale supplier for the amber 500ml PET plastic beer bottles. Just about every online brewery supplier sell them at a retail price, and they seem to be all the same make. I also need the plastic caps for them. I need to find a company that will sell to the normal joe at a descent price. I need webpages,Prices and minimum amounts you have to order. Can anyone Please help me out?

Thanks,

Yogi

Generally wholesale suppliers won't sell to the average joe. If they do it tends to piss off the retailers that buy from them with the intention of reselling to the average joe. If your retailers get pissed off and seek out other wholesalers you won't be a wholesaler very long.

The link that kircsp is probably good --- if you want a shipping container full :p

I think your real question is, "what retailer has the best price?" Unless you are a business that intends to use the bottles in the production of another end product or a retailer selling the bottles to consumers your probably not going to get wholesale price.

Best of luck in your search

Thanks camiller for your great comments,

Ok, I understand.

Now I realize that I probably worded my thread question wrong.
How do I become a retailer and buy large amounts of amber PET Bottles?
I still can't find a wholesaler supplier who sells amber 500ml PET bottles to all of the home brewing companies. Anyone have a company name?

FWIW, I don't know that those bottles would take any pressure. Standard PET bottles for home brewers are available from most LHBS, and prices look like 70 - 80 cents per bottle (strangely, caps are sold seperately...).

W/ bottles that were made for home brewers, I think you'd have less of a chance of accidents if your brew was still fermenting.

P.E.T. 1/2 Liter Beer Bottle- Case of 24 :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies
Beer Bottle Cappers* Bottle Caps

Me? I super-cheap... I get the folks from to save their soda bottles for me... 20 OZ, but they work for my purposes (cider).

do soda bottles work? If so i can get thousands! well not really, just a lot. My family destroys coca-cola. Pepsi sucks.

Soda bottles are fine, and in fact are more resilient against overcarbing without exploding than glass. Just remember, in addition to issues with PET bottles in general:

• Big bottles mean drinking it all quickly before it goes stale, so if you're using 2 or 3 liter bottles I hope you have some friends.
  • Clear or green plastic means you have to keep your beer in the dark to avoid skunking. Might not be a problem depending on your storage method, and on the up side it makes it easy to tell color and clarity. I've known some people will put one bottle of each batch in clear plastic just so they can see the clarity and feel the firmness as it conditions.
  • The bottles are resilient enough that you can reuse them several times without issue, but the caps will wear out after a few uses. If you have a steady supply of one or both, this isn't a problem.
  • Root beer flavor sticks really well to plastic. What's worse, it gets in whatever goes in the bottle after the root beer. It doesn't make a pleasant mix with your beer. Cola, fruit sodas, etc seem to be fine as long as you wash and sanitize the bottle.

Back