Plastic Hose Tees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use some sorta like that in mine. I use white nylon, some of the others might get brittle in the fridge.

I use them, the only problem is when I screw up and somehow get backwash of beer through the tee, then it needs cleaned, eventually.

I have some that came with my kegs...it made me curious that people are spending $$$ for manifolds, or rigging up some other kind of metal system from home depot.

These little plastic/nylon tees are already made and cheap!

I had a nylon tee crack on me, emptied the whole freshly filled co2 bottle, I now use brass tees exclusively. just my 2 cents

I guess nylon is great for picnics, or any type of mobile kegging. But for everyday use in the fridge, it's best to go with something a little more hardy.

They're fine, like others have said, as long as you don't get backwash into the gas lines. I suggest installing check valves so that doesn't happen.

they work. a stainless or brass T is still under $5

Still no replacement for a manifold though. a manifold allows you to turn individual gas lines on and off.

Back