Planning to build the mancave/brewhouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalme

Reaction score
Well I have decided along with the SWMBO to finally get around to purchasing some property this spring/summer and build her stable. Off the stable in some fashion I'm going to build a man cave / brewhouse.

My plan is all electric with everything pid controlled and with the ability to brew lagers and ales. A full bar in the man cave area with at least four taps if not six.

I've been playing around with the floor design / layout / floorplan and just can't come up with just the right size for the room; not to mention deciding whether to section off the brew area from the man cave.

Any and all suggestions welcomed....

Post a pic of what you're thinking of so far and we'll tell you how badly you're screwing it all up.

Sectioning the brew area off vs. leaving it all together is mostly a personal choice. Do you envision non-brewing people coming over to chat while you brew? If so, you might want to have it all in one space. Do you think some of your guests might have a problem with the smells associated with brewing? If so, then you might want to leave it separate. Brewing is kinda messy, so if the messiness might interfere with the aesthetic of the man-cave, then you might want to have it separated.

Latest posts

Back