pisssssssssed!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like stouts and dark beers I also like hefes, dubels and porters. If you had to give me a list of 3-5 yeasts to keep on hand for emergencys "stuck fermentations etc" or when I bulk up on grains, what would the list be?

I always keep Fermentis SA-04 and SA-05 on hand. They are great when I decide to brew on a whim and don't have a starter made. We brewed an American Lager with Saflager S-23 that was really good and I have used the S-33 for Belgian wheat beers. I have heard it does well with other Belgian ales as well. I haven't tried it on anything like a Strong Ale but have read where many have used it with good results. I don't want to say I am a crusader of dry yeasts. Just saying they work good for most of my brewing. I have enjoyed every beer I have brewed with Fermentis yeasts. Evidently they have improved their quality over the fast hew years.

Back