Pin lock conversion problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skepace

Reaction score
So I have 6 of the 5 gallon ball lock kegs. I decided a while back to get a 2.5 gal but it was a pin lock. I bought the conversion kit but the new ball locks won't stay sealed. Does anyone else experience this? I might just get pin lock attachments since this is a pain!

Depending on the keg type, they will either be 19/32-18 or 9/16-18. I can't remember which one is which, but looking around online for your brand of keg (I.e. challenger, Firestone, Cornelius) might get you a better answer. Also, the diptubes are different for the different thread types- again, I can't remember which is which but one goes to the center (bent) and one should be straight down.

If it is the new posts don't fit then Baja Brewer is right. If you can't get the connector to stay on try keg lube, if that doesn't work it could be the poppet spring is to long and needs to be cut.

Also, it can seem like they for, because they thread on and stop turning, but they're actually wrong. That happened to me last weekend, I had a keg that was sending liquid out of the post but also leaking from the threads... Its annoying that the threads are 1/32 of an inch different.

Latest posts

Back