pid Temperature Controller & Probe Recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcmillen

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a pid temperature controller that I can hook up a 1/4" thermistor, thermocouple or RTD probe (6" long) to. It's a long story, but right now I'm going to use this just to read temps in my SS keggle mash tun. I might redeploy later as an actual temp controller in one of my fermentation fridges/freezers.

I'm open to ideas here, but right now my plan is to use the Brewer's Hardware Weldless Bulkhead 1/4" Compression Fitting https://www.brewershardware.com/WLFM14C14.html to attach the probe to the keggle. They say it does not leak.

So I'm looking for recommendations for what probe (6") and and pid controller to use.

Note: I already have a 3" dial thermometer attached on the keggle that is positioned well for my 10gal batches, but is above the grain bed for 5 gal batches. I could move it down maybe a couple of inches max but I'm not sure that will work with the 3" dial, so I'm thinking about leaving it there and adding the probe and pid.

Appreciate any suggestions here!

Back