PID question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windsors

Reaction score
I ordered the programmable PID from Auberins (SYL-2352P) I know its overkill, but I thought it would be cool to use the steps to go from mash-in to mash temp to sparge temp.

Anyway, I have it programmed, but had a question on how to reset it to start at the beginning. Doing a lot of testing, I need to be able to reset the steps. I can get it to "stop" and "run", but it seems that when I hit run after it is stopped, it picks up where it left off, rather than resetting ?

Also, is there a way you can see the remaining minutes left in a step ?

Thanks

Bill

I'm not familiar with that piece of hardware. The temperature controllers we use at work (Eurotherm, Watlow) let you adjust the parameters on the fly; you would still have to keep your eye on the clock and change the settings at the right times.

Where in the manual does it tell you how to program the steps? I couldn't find it. I suspect that there is a parameter for step count that you can manually reset.
Btw, these units need to be calibrated...especially since you are using them in a strictly non-linear area of the thermocouple curves...TC like big heat, not <200F. I am sure there is a calibration procedure or you can check it using boiling water and an ice slurry. Take sea level variations into account...or, since the unit is +-2C at best, don't worry about it.

Back