PID alarm wire help ITC-100/106

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSkril

Reaction score
Hi,

I have my ITC-106 wired in but it seems that I don’t get the alarm part to work.
I’ve wired the buzzer to #11 and 12# but there is no output when the relay is triggered.
Do I have to place a jumper between #12 and #10 or should current be provided on #12 without the need of a jumper?

Thanks,

Capture.PNG

Found my answer here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=571573

Thanks to @SilverZero
Hi Mike, After you wired the PID per the plans, did the alarm turn on when the set value (sv) was reached? I also wired mine based on those instructions, but the alarm did not turn on when temp was met.
It’s my understanding that the alarm should turn on when the perceived value (pv) meets the sv. The PID works, but the alarm thing is annoying.

Hi Mike, After you wired the PID per the plans, did the alarm turn on when the set value (sv) was reached? I also wired mine based on those instructions, but the alarm did not turn on when temp was met.
It’s my understanding that the alarm should turn on when the perceived value (pv) meets the sv. The PID works, but the alarm thing is annoying.
Most PID's with alarms, have multiple alarm modes. To get the behavior you want you need to set the "High limit alarm" value to your set point, or set the "Positive deviation alarm" value to 0. The second option is probably better, as the alarm will then follow changes in your set point without having to reset the "High limit alarm" value.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back