PicoStill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angstbeef

Reaction score
Anyone received theirs yet? Its said it was coming last November (kickstarter) and then I got an update that it would start shipping in April with completion of backlog in May.

I have the Pico C that came initially when promised. I wonder if Federal and State law are having anything to do with it since homebrew spirits are illegal. But i'm JUST going to be using it for "essential oils."

hmmm?

I'm waiting as well but I did jump in after the kickstarter, I was told that the price would change before May (pre-order) and that they would be shipping when I placed my order which obviously wasn't true but from what I understand some Pico stills are shipping out now.

I thought we got an email that said they have shipped some out. I don't have mine yet. but i don't have my Z yet to use it with. so no concern here... yet!

I got another email update, i'm sure most did also. It said they shipped 275 picostills so far. Granted that's not a lot so far. But it got me wondering, wouldn't you think at least 1 person would have posted a review. an unboxing, a video of what it looks like or just be online bragging about it?

I got another email update, i'm sure most did also. It said they shipped 275 picostills so far. Granted that's not a lot so far. But it got me wondering, wouldn't you think at least 1 person would have posted a review. an unboxing, a video of what it looks like or just be online bragging about it?

I thought about that as well scouring utube and other forums and haven't found a vid yet. That is kind of weird.

I just did a youtube search on "picostill" and filtered for the last month. there is 2 posts. 1.) a guy smoking dope, no idea why that one shows up. and 2.) a useless video where it just shows some pictures and music.

I'm starting to wonder about this company. I ordered both a Z2 and a picostill.

*edit*
I just did a google search on both "picostill review" and "picostill" and filtered by 30 days. nothing of interest has been added.

They are definitely out there and work great. Your not going to get many people talking about or posting videos of illegal stuff, at least I know I haven’t and won’t. Hang in there, they are trickling out and work great, for those hop oils ;)

I just did a youtube search on "picostill" and filtered for the last month. there is 2 posts. 1.) a guy smoking dope, no idea why that one shows up. and 2.) a useless video where it just shows some pictures and music.

I'm starting to wonder about this company. I ordered both a Z2 and a picostill.

*edit*
I just did a google search on both "picostill review" and "picostill" and filtered by 30 days. nothing of interest has been added.

They are definitely out there and work great. Your not going to get many people talking about or posting videos of illegal stuff, at least I know I haven’t and won’t. Hang in there, they are trickling out and work great, for those hop oils ;)

They are definitely slowly but surely getting out so I have faith in PicoBrew that I'll get mine soon, here is a quote from a person on the Pico forum about the still they received a few weeks ago ==> "I received my PicoStill today and not sure what to do with it yet. It comes with a single sheet with box contents, warnings and instructions to download the manual. Currently the manual explains how to clean it and sorta how to extract hop oils. I found a loose "vacuum plug" but have no idea where it goes as it is undocumented. Hopefully more instructions come out soon."

I agree with jrb03 in that not many people are going to show theirs off as not to draw attention.

They are definitely slowly but surely getting out so I have faith in PicoBrew that I'll get mine soon, here is a quote from a person on the Pico forum about the still they received a few weeks ago ==> "I received my PicoStill today and not sure what to do with it yet. It comes with a single sheet with box contents, warnings and instructions to download the manual. Currently the manual explains how to clean it and sorta how to extract hop oils. I found a loose "vacuum plug" but have no idea where it goes as it is undocumented. Hopefully more instructions come out soon."

I agree with jrb03 in that not many people are going to show theirs off as not to draw attention.

Good point there, don’t expect ANY help officially on the questionable stuff. Your on your own, but nothing a couple hours on google won’t help you get an understanding of. Then there’s the non existent instructions. Again, pretty much on your own setting it up but it’s pretty intuitive. I hear a better set of instructions are coming out, the ones now list parts that don’t ship with production units.

Good point, I didn't think about that side of it. Thanks.

They are definitely slowly but surely getting out so I have faith in PicoBrew that I'll get mine soon, here is a quote from a person on the Pico forum...

Are you talking about the pico forum on this site?

The forum on the picobrew Website is where I have seen the most questions asked about the picostill from folks who have received one.

Where I live (FL) its a felony for me to even receive shipment. I'd be careful about mentioning owning one of these if you live in a state stuck in the 1920s.

I ordered and paid for mine on Dec 3rd of 2017. This is a joke that I haven’t received mine yet.

Latest posts

Back