• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Picobrew Zymatic (without keg) for sale: $1300, OBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchellF10

Reaction score
I have a Picobrew Zymatic for sale (about $1900 new without keg). I have beer in the keg that it came with, so I'm not able to sell that. This will, however, work with any type of ball-lock keg that seals well (I have used it successfully with others), so if you've got one then you can use this as soon as you get it.

If you have sound brewing skills (fermentation, mostly) and can make a good recipe then you will get good beer from this. I have been successful in home-brew competitions with my non-Zymatic brew, and I would stack anything that comes out of the Zymatic right up against the other stuff.

I am selling this just because I use it less than I thought I would. It works great as long as the instructions are followed (run a rinse cycle before and after every brew, and a wash cycle after every 3). This helps to keep the system clog-free and keeps it working as you would expect.

There is a common issue with these having minor amounts of wort dripping out of the front corners of the unit during brews that are at the upper end of the maximum grist weight (recipes with lower amounts of grain have not had this issue), but there are work-arounds for this on the Picobrew forum (which you will have access to after you register this unit). It just might be good to put this on a tray while you're using it. You can see evidence of this in the first picture under the lower-right corner.

Let me know if you are interested, and thanks for looking!

IMG_20161220_075511_436 (1).jpg

IMG_20161220_075343_740 (1).jpg

Thanks for the question. As long as the buyer was willing to pay the shipping I would be open to it.

Can you give me a rough idea of the box size, weight, and your zip so I can estimate shipping cost. I would use my FedEx account so you would just need to package and drop off.

Here is what I found online in the Picobrew forum:
Zymatic: 70 lbs 28x23x26
Step Filter: 28 lbs 16x16x16

I have the original box, so unless things have changed the Zymatic shipping info should be quite accurate.

I have a hard time imagining that the step filter would weight 28 lbs, but it might be because it originally came with a brew kit. I think it's going to be much less than that when properly packed without the kit.

Hope this helps.

Back