Ph meter choice and comparison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chef1978

Reaction score
Hello all,I'm looking to purchase ph meter,and was wondering if any of you have experience with either of these.
-Dr.meter ph-383
-Apera ph 60

Dr meter is half the price of Apera,with similar functions ,usually you get what you paid for ,but for brewing 1 or 2 a month,do I really need something 2 times more expensive to do the job ?
Thank for sharing your point of view and experiences, feel free if you have other suggestions as well.
Cheers.

Hello all,I'm looking to purchase ph meter,and was wondering if any of you have experience with either of these.
-Dr.meter ph-383
-Apera ph 60

Dr meter is half the price of Apera,with similar functions ,usually you get what you paid for ,but for brewing 1 or 2 a month,do I really need something 2 times more expensive to do the job ?
Thank for sharing your point of view and experiences, feel free if you have other suggestions as well.
Cheers.
I have the Apera ph60 and it's been fine for me. It came as a kit with vials and buffer, and storage solution -- these things are not really optional. When you're comparing prices, double-check on the accessories.

I have the Apera ph60 and it's been fine for me. It came as a kit with vials and buffer, and storage solution -- these things are not really optional. When you're comparing prices, double-check on the accessories.
Yeah ,the Dr meter only
From what I can tell ,Dr.meter only came with few pouches of ph calibration solution.

+1 on the Apera, consistent readings, cheap sensor replacement (you WILL have to replace the sensor on any pH meter eventually) and easy to calibrate. I had a cheap o milwaukee and an Omega before now & the Apera is clearly superior, IMHO.

Another happy Apera user. Bought it a year and a half ago. Use it 2-3 times a month. I especially like the cap.... seals with an o-ring, has fill line so you don't waste storage solution. I store it upright in a small Mason jar.

:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
i like manual calibration ones... like MW-101, i know that's not on the score board though same price as apera ph60. replacement probes same price also....

Thanks everyone, it's clear that apera takes the lead,I just find the kit for 80$ canadins brand new frome someone, will go with that.
Cheers.

Back