Pets...And Why We Eat Them (Bring BBQ Sauce Here)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the closest Chinese restaurant to my office (seriously!):

honswok.jpg

:D

My roommate and I have recently purchased some guinea pigs that we are currently raising and fattening up....

Ill post some more details on D-day

mmmmmmm guinea pig....

actually i think I saw an episode of anthony bourdain where he ate them somewhere in south america.

Saw that too. What I really found strange was they were running all over the house and when the mother was ready to prepare one for dinner they just grabbed one.

I've wanted a pet pig for years.
Think of all the cool names.
Miss Piggy, Hammy, Kevin Bacon, etc.

Anyone remember "The Young Ones"?

The episode when they go on University Challenge, Vivian brings their pig mascot named "Bacon Sandwich"!

LOL!

My neighbor in Las Vegas had a bunch of those ugly pot-belly pigs. They destroyed his yard and garden. Since he bought them at the end of the craze, he couldn't sell them. Finally gave them to a sausage maker. I could not understand why he didn't keep one and have a luau. A tasty revenge.

One of my nicknames for Boss Bailey is "Meaty". If you've ever seen a greyhound's rear haunches, you'd understand.

They say Cat tastes better than Dog. Probably because cats don't do anything.

When I was 12, my father and uncle told me they gave away my pet pygmy goats to a farmer to live a better life. I found out 10 YEARS LATER that they butchered them behind my back and fed them to me and my family. Everybody knew but me. i remember them asking me "if it tasted good..." ****ing bastards. As much of a blackheart as I am, that takes the cake in my book...

1169787063123.jpg

First thought.....

Second thought.. cats sure are tasty and small dogs that resemble cats look good too. throw some spices and some general tso's sauce and some good breading.... what couldn't be better??

(My dog is running away from me...)

:mug:Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern ate a guinea pig in Equador fried in a wok or something. That guy will try anything. He drank coffee that was brewed from monkey turds from monkeys that were eating coffee beans. I wonder who the first guy was that decided to try that, must have been desperate for caffeine.;)

:mug:Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern ate a guinea pig in Equador fried in a wok or something. That guy will try anything. He drank coffee that was brewed from monkey turds from monkeys that were eating coffee beans. I wonder who the first guy was that decided to try that, must have been desperate for caffeine.;)

I haven't seen the show, but are you sure it was monkeys? Kopi Luwak is coffee made from beans that have passed through the digestive system of a civet cat. It's considered quite a delicacy... a quick Google search shows the going rate close to $300/lb.!

I got a litter box here y'all can scoop for free.

We have a gut truck that comes to the plant. I'm pretty sure I got fried cat once. Never saw any chicken parts that looked like what I ate. Was tasty.

When I was 12, my father and uncle told me they gave away my pet pygmy goats to a farmer to live a better life. I found out 10 YEARS LATER that they butchered them behind my back and fed them to me and my family. Everybody knew but me. i remember them asking me "if it tasted good..." ****ing bastards. As much of a blackheart as I am, that takes the cake in my book...

Holy ****. That's pretty ruthless.

...So... so how did it taste?

I had guinea pig in Ecuador when I visited, the kids of the family I was staying with were totally stoked to go pick out which ones we got to eat.

They kinda tasted like chicken, I could have used some BBQ sauce

I don't remember Bourdain eating Guinea Pig but I do remember him eating armadillo that a kid picked up in the yard. Anthony got to hold it before they cooked it. They said the younger the better.

Cold blooded.

When I was in college we used to do a pig roast each year and we bought a live pig the week of the party. I never hung around for the reenactment of the climax of Apocalypse Now.

Think of all the cool names.
Miss Piggy, Hammy, Kevin Bacon, etc.

I grew up in farmlands. My buddy down the road lived next door to his uncle who owned a farm. Every year, he got a cow and a pig as "pets". He fed them every day and pretty much raised them. And when it was time, they got butchered. And every time, the cow was named "Lunch" and the pig was named "Dinner". I thought it was dumb back then, but now I laugh about it.

Back