Perlick Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope i'm just a regular person like you, we're born into this world as equal it's the roads we take thru life shows what we have learned, or had a intrest in is what makes us different and me happy. I was raised in a machine shop household, dad was a bike racer custom engine parts builder (not bad for a dumb mailman) plus clocks with the love of fine machinery we have plus restoring history.

Life story for the win.

Some of you should have gotten notified with a USPS Tracking #. I should be able to get all these out this weekend.

Thanks for being patient!

Got my tracking #, thanks Jeff! I am a bit confused though, does this mean my faucets have already shipped or is the package just registered with USPS? The status at USPS says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". If they haven't shipped yet it's no problem, just wondering when to hang around my receptionist waiting on my faucets lol.

I also got my shanks in the mail just now from Forrest and wow are they heavy duty, probably weigh at least a pound a piece put together. I went all Stainless on the shanks from front to back.

Got my tracking #, thanks Jeff! I am a bit confused though, does this mean my faucets have already shipped or is the package just registered with USPS? The status at USPS says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". If they haven't shipped yet it's no problem, just wondering when to hang around my receptionist waiting on my faucets lol.

I also got my shanks in the mail just now from Forrest and wow are they heavy duty, probably weigh at least a pound a piece put together. I went all Stainless on the shanks from front to back.

labels have been printed only - picked up the faucets today - I will sort them and box up and should get out by Saturday. Everything is shipping Priority so it should arrive in 2-3 days from Saturday.

Between received at UPS and shipped out could take less than an hour to a day then the in transit time, they move rather quickly dealing with millions of packages daily. I can get an item UPS shipped across the US days faster than 20 miles away in my area.

Be nice and buy the wife a new fridge she'll be happay as well you with the old one. Worth a try, what could happen besides another lump on the head?LOL!

Doesn't it cost money to take fridges to the dump? So by keeping it in the house you're just being economical.

Doesn't it cost money to take fridges to the dump? So by keeping it in the house you're just being economical.

Yup they charge ya except once a year free curbside pickups. This is when I go looking for dorm size fridges, microwaves and computers for the brewing control. For the shop and rental house project remodels I have hot food cold biers and music I can eat or drink at every location. In my shop also plus a big stereo system with giant speakers, broken speaker terminals. Pack rat me.
There ya go I must add saving the environment as well as gaining a fridge.
People laugh at my electric eating monster 1947 Philco fridge from my grand parents, it starts once every 2 hours for 37 seconds. My energy saving Maytag fridge runs 65% of the time had a couple techs check it out. Yup all's good just a smaller compressor just running longer, condenser's cleaned all the time by me. In house Maytag runs for hours when Mr. Philco is in an open patio overhand in the sun during the morning hours. My spare old PG&E meter tells me differently. Long live Mr. Philco. My spare side by side 22 cu/ft Sears fridge 1986 year left in a rental will be murdered for the complete cooling system for my future fermenters internal temp control. Think outside of the ice box call me cheap.

Another update:

perlick1.jpg

perlick2.jpg

perlick3.jpg

Most are boxed and ready to go! Will be stopping by the post office in the AM.

Thank you for putting this together, if you are ever in the Chicago area give me a call we will get a beer. Also if you plan on heading down for another bulk grain but at country malt let me know and I will meet up with you for that

I may have missed it but should all buyers get tracking nos.?
Thank you for all your effort, I know that's a lot of work sorting this all out and arranging the buy.

everyone should have received a tracking no - although if any of you have ever received a tracking number from the USPS, you'l attest to the fact that they are worthless. They say when the package left and then a day after it shows that you received the package. No real Tracking.

Here is the last picture:

perlick4.jpg

Everyone's orders have been boxed up. There are a few orders that paypal would not print labels for so I have to get those directly from the USPS website, which will be coming through to you before the end of the day.

A snowstorm delayed the opening of my outdoor kegerator so these will get here just in time for some warm weather.
Thanks again.

They were shipped to me by accident thanks for the free present. Na JK.
If you live in a odd mailing area where they transfer to many different postal departments 2 days become an easy 5-6 days on deliveries. This is what I go thru all the time.

They were shipped to me by accident thanks for the free present. Na JK.
If you live in a odd mailing area where they transfer to many different postal departments 2 days become an easy 5-6 days on deliveries. This is what I go thru all the time.

Are you sure that it has nothing to do with the fact you live on an Island? :)

Well, I have boxed up the last of the faucets. Some of you might not get a confirmation. I may have forgotten to add your email to the notification. If you really want one, PM me and I will find it for you. There were a couple people who's addresses were not in the Paypal info, those people have been notified and as soon as I have addresses, I will ship them out. All other boxes will be shipped out tomorrow and you should get them before the weekend. If you have any issues or questions, PM me.

THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT!

Boat deliveries only once a month at best only. No JK.
We have the longest single span bicycle lift
bridge in the world, 4 vehicle and truck bridges plus 2 tunnels
to the island. One tunnel the first project in the world built in 1926.
Cargo ships can pass over the tunnels as the top exterior of the tunnels
are 92' below mean sea level. Tunnel bottom 107' below sea level, I worked
on the retrofits of both for 3 1/2 years. Iron ore over the top to keep them from floating up. Bad cold dirty conditions but the best contractor i've ever worked for in 29 years plus I was the only local hand and on 24/7 emergency standby for the 12KV power transfer system I modified for this construction retrofit. Many 4 hr double time calls by CalTrans being minutes away.

An off the wall question, it should be a new thread instead. Is it worth
the purchase of a Perlick for Stouts with the liquid then gas only lever positions or just a 525 tap is just as good? This is what i've been told with there being no difference just save your money by my brewing friends. I already have a 150 cu/ft mixed gas bottle for my Stouts, big spender I offered $30 and got it.

brewbeemer
I'm curious about the island you live on, i'd like to see it on google earth.
On the Stout faucet, unless you are going for the guinness/murphy's/etc. style draft then a regular faucet and or creamer faucet works fine. If you really want that thick creamy head then a stout faucet and mixed gas is really required, although Yuri dispenses his with straight argon after carbing with co2. Micromatic's site has some good basic info:
http://www.micromatic.com/beer-questions/dispensing-guinness-aid-96.html

brewbeemer
I'm curious about the island you live on, i'd like to see it on google earth.
On the Stout faucet, unless you are going for the guinness/murphy's/etc. style draft then a regular faucet and or creamer faucet works fine. If you really want that thick creamy head then a stout faucet and mixed gas is really required, although Yuri dispenses his with straight argon after carbing with co2. Micromatic's site has some good basic info:
http://www.micromatic.com/beer-questions/dispensing-guinness-aid-96.html

We're in trouble, PM will be needed i'm into Norton's, BMW's and Matchless 500 and 600 thumper hence "Limey" bikes.
I was reading the site you posted above and they mention use a Co2 regulator with and adaptor off a nitrogen/Co2 bottle, that scares the heck out of me, 800 psi C02 range vs nitrogen at 2,250 psi range. This with my 150 cu/ft Linde bottle. Linde sold around the world and this bottle has been made PC back in 59 it's first hydro with it in the hands of Hitler in the late 30's the Swastika was stamped over to become a full square on the outside. I have a 250 helieum bottle same thing. This a better grade than newer bottles they can take a 10% overcharge. My $30 investment bottle 150 paid off vs $350 outright for a owner owned 150.
I also see the different Stout taps also, this brings up a another question;
I have a 280 bottle for Tig pure argon and a 280 argon/C02 75/25% mix for Mig. Anyone use a C25 mix for a Stout? Ihis should be an new thread starter I believe. My intent is to use the 150 nitrogen bottle for my stouts with the proper gas mix, it will be filled not exchanged I want that history bottle plus the 10% overcharge it can handle. I may convert the other helium bottle for a stout mix also as I have four 20# C02 left, gave three away.
Here's a bit of my piece of paradise, grandparents came to the island in 1925 to be with my grandmothers brother a baker back in 1909 or before.
Aerial photos show more than this site, a great place for my sea touring kayak, family waterfront property 130 yards away. I could be called a "Pacific Native Inlander" being born on the island. PM will be sent.
Cheers. Carl.

Ok, now I know what island you live on... that makes a whole lot of sense, BrewBeemer. :)

Inside secret keep 'em guessing.
We have palm trees, sandy beaches, wind surfers
kayakers, sailboats, many marinas plus the sea smells
and that of kelp ans sea weed plus college rowing teams.
Add the hammock and biers with a warm summer breeze.
To fly the area in the Goodyear blimp
or in the past when we had the Otis Spunkmeyer's
DC3 in the area was a trip I got the copilots seat on a few trips.
Talk about a slow lazy plane to fly the DC3 especially
on a cool clear and crisp morning you want it to never end.
Your boat docked on your own property is rather nice.

All packages have been sent and everyone should received their product by the end of the week.

Now - I have 5 - 525's left from people I missed removing from the order that hadn't paid. $20.43 Each Plus Shipping FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

PM me if interested!

Back