Perlick fauctes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamamckay

Reaction score
I am about to order a kegerator kit from keg connection. Are the upgrade 525pc perlick faucets worth the $8 each, or are ones that come with the kit ok.

It is a lot cheaper to pay the additional $8 per faucet than it is to later decide you want to upgrade. When I bought my setup from kegconnection, I upgraded most of the options (perlicks included) and do not regret it at all

Absolutely do it. If you don't upgrade now, I guarantee you will later. And as bknifefight said, it's going to cost you more than $8 later.

Perlicks are the deal. You'll regret not doing it for 8 bucks when you drop 35 a piece later.

Bear in mind you are paying $8 to upgrade to polished chrome, although these taps still have the forward seal desgin.

After I read up about it on here I decided to pay more to upgrade to the 525 stainless faucets. I also upgraded to stainless shanks with stainless tailpieces. It is very possible that chrome would have been OK but I just read so many things on this forum saying that stainless was the way to go that I just went with that despite the extra cost.

I got the 575SS faucets, stainless shanks and nipples...2 of them last year as a gift and then a third this year on Black Friday.

These are my first faucets, but using faucets at friends' houses...I'm sure these were worth the coin.

Back