Perlick faucets leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
I've got a 4 tap kegerator and now am having trouble with two Perlick Faucets. They're the 525ss. When I'm done pouring a beer they continue to pour lightly or drip heavily. Anyone else experience this? Remedies?

Whens the last time you cleaned them? Maybe there is some gunk, yeast or hops or something that is keeping it from shutting all the way.

Whens the last time you cleaned them? Maybe there is some gunk, yeast or hops or something that is keeping it from shutting all the way.

You are not supposed to take them apart to clean them per the guy I spoke to at Perlick. I just run Star San through them after every keg ( he has never heard of SS or PBW). I have leaky 525'a as well and contacted them after seeing this thread. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/perlick-525-ss-faucet-leaks-395520/
I opted for the re build kits for the 4 perlicks that are defective ones that I have. The replacements were chrome plated brass faucets. He said that the issue is either due to a faulty washer, bonnet, or that the bonnet is too tight(there should be a gap).

Combining info on other threads and my experience, here's my assessment.

I have been dealing with Diane. They will send you a replacement for free but it's a 408standard faucet model. There is currently no 525SS replacement. A new forward seal design is apparently in the works. Although I was sent a 408, when Diane gets back, I'm going to ask about a replacement once the new designs are out. You all may choose to hold off on participating in the recall until a new forward seal version is available.

Back