Perlick faucet stuck on shank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmellis

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? I just got some new Perlick 525SS faucets and these shanks: http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=10625. I put the faucet onto the shank, making sure that the threads were aligned properly, and then tried to tighten the nut all the way down with a faucet wrench. But I could only get the nut tightened a little more than half way. So I unscrewed the nut and now the faucet is stuck in the shank and I can't pull the two apart.

I wonder if these Perlicks can't fit on those shanks or if I just have a defective part...

So I played around with my three other new Perlicks and another one of the same shanks. Two of the other Perlicks attached fine and where relatively easy to remove from the shank. But another one of the Perlicks stuck to the shank, though I was able to get it off after quite a bit of tugging. So it looks like two of the faucets have defective connectors. I'll have to exchange them for different ones. I'm going to exchange the shanks for longer ones while I'm at it, because even though these are 2" shanks, after accounting for the shank hardware and the hose fitting, there is less than a 1/4" of space for whatever you're attaching the shank to and I need at least 3/4".

Back