Perlick Faucet Issue with Leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugAC

Reaction score
So i have an edgestar outdoor kegerator with a 2 tap chrome tower. I have 2 perlick faucets attached. My problem, is that 1 of the faucet's leaks. When i pour a beer from my right faucet, the left faucet leaks a little bit of beer out. The bigger issue, is that sometimes, when the outdoor pressure changes, a lot more beer spills out of that same faucet making a mess of my outdoor kitchen granite. I've tried disassembling the faucet, and cleaning it out really good, to make sure i didn't have anything blocking the seal. Yet it still does this.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of scenario?

Could be a pressure imbalance, any disturbance or vibration can set various things into motion.
When running jockey boxes with 2-6 Perlick 525 faucets and never see any dripping from the other ones when tapping one.
  1. Which model faucets?
  2. How touchy are they when opening to pour?
  3. How long are your beer lines between the kegs and the faucet? What diameter?
  4. What's the serving pressure and temp?
  5. Is the tower chilled? Insulated?

Could be a pressure imbalance, any disturbance or vibration can set various things into motion.
When running jockey boxes with 2-6 Perlick 525 faucets and never see any dripping from the other ones when tapping one.
  1. Which model faucets?
  2. How touchy are they when opening to pour?
  3. How long are your beer lines between the kegs and the faucet? What diameter?
  4. What's the serving pressure and temp?
  5. Is the tower chilled? Insulated?
1. 630SS
2. Not very. A little firmer pressure must be used on that particular tap.
3. about 5-6' of 3/16" lines i believe.
4. Serving pressure is around 9 - 10 psi and the kegerator is set at 40.
5. Tower is insulated. I believe the kegerator self chills the tower as well.

FWIW, the other faucet does not have this issue of leakage. I also just ordered some intertap springs for self closing, wondering if that might help as well.

I expect the Intertap springs will help. I've been running them for years and they "cure" inadvertent tap handle bumps and visiting operator errors ;)
That said, it'd be good to have some spare O-rings on hand as they can stiffen over time. Over the years I have had to refresh my 525SS faucets...

Cheers!

I expect the Intertap springs will help. I've been running them for years and they "cure" inadvertent tap handle bumps and visiting operator errors ;)
That said, it'd be good to have some spare O-rings on hand as they can stiffen over time. Over the years I have had to refresh my 525SS faucets...

Cheers!
What is a good source for spare O-Rings? I need some for the 525, 630, and the original generation of Perlick tap (400 series).

When I bought my 525ss faucets I shortly thereafter invested in bags of the specific O-rings direct from Perlick. They had a $25 minimum back then so I added a creamer style faucet lever from the 575 (tried it once, wasn't impressed, still have it somewhere). I think someone listed the McMaster-Carr part numbers somewhere on HBT as well...

Cheers!

Last week I rebuilt my two Perlick Faucets with gaskets ordered from Great Fermentations. Unfortunately, Perlick no longer supplies gasket kits since they outsourced them a few years ago.

The 525 gaskets also fit the 545 Creamer faucet. Now both faucets are like new again.

Perlick Gaskets.jpg

Back