Pepsi Can Fridge Converted Into a Fermentation Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaSpit

Reaction score
So I took a round Pepsi Fridge and converted it into a fermentation cooler and brewed my first batch on Saturday. Its bubbling nonstop out of the air lock three hours after racking to the carboy. Here are some pics and a quick video. I took the Pepsi/mt dew logo off and plan on painting it eventually. I removed the lid and used a foam couch cushion (bought new foam) to seal the top and stop light from entering. I also used an A419 from Johnson Controls to regulate temp. Its holding at a perfect 65 degrees. Lol didnt relaize video was so dark! Sorry

Mt-Dew-Refrigerated-Iceman-II-400x685.jpg

4eZ4Diz.jpg

h3CL2DL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just acquired a red bull version. What is your carboy sitting on? Could you post a pic of the inside? TIA

I just acquired a red bull version. What is your carboy sitting on? Could you post a pic of the inside? TIA

The Carboy sits on the bottom I didn't put any risers or anything. I did remove the fan from the inside on the bottom to make it sit flat. The fan just helps circulate air. Its really the water blocks around the top that help hold the temp.

Latest posts

Back