pear wine......got stuck?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Jordan

Reaction score
Hello from Texas. First attempt at making wine on my own. target was 3 gallons. about 8 lbs of fruit 2 lbs sugar yeast to start. After doing some reading on here I find I started with too low of a sugar content to start. I believe i am only at about a 4% right now and no further fermentation taking place. what is a suggestion to do with this batch? Should I throw it out and start over or is there a way to save it? It has a decent clarity and a nice fruitiness. I think i have a good base but dont know what to do next. ..........

Enjoy it as-is, I'm sure it's delicious. Or, buy more juice and add it and let it ferment out some more. Simply Apple brand juice would meld well, or fresh pressed juice from a local orchard if you can find some. Or any juice for that matter. I intend to try adding guava juice to some cider this year to see what happens.

You've done alright. It will be good. Lower alcohol maybe than you intended but that's okay, enjoy it anyway. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back