Peach ale wont clear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvery37

Reaction score
I brewed a partial mash Peach Ale from Austin Homebrew. I used Whirfloc in the boil. When I was transferring the beer appeared very clear in the fermenter. I was able to see through several inches of beer down to the trub.

After transferring to a keg I poured in the 2 ounces of peach flavoring. It was a clear liquid. There was a small amount of yeast and trub that was transferred and this took a couple days to settle. Now the beer that comes out of the keg is cloudy but I cannot see any particles floating. Will this eventually clear or is the cloudiness caused by the peach flavoring. The keg is stored at around 36 degrees and has been there for 3 days now.

Not sure 2 oz. of extract could cause it not to be clear. Just looks like normal haze. Next time, if you have room in your kegerator, cold crash it before you keg it. It will likely get more clear as time passes though. But don't worry about that so much, it looks like it tastes good.

It tastes great. I fermented it around 64 and it came out very clean. It has a very subtle aroma and taste of peach. I plan on entering it in a competition so I would like it as clear as possible. I will give it some more time though.

I might try this if I like the apricot ale I'm brewing tomorrow. I'm guessing you didn't use any fruit, just flavoring. Sounds good. I'd give them another two weeks. Looks great!

What temperature are you serving it at? At 36 degrees you are definitely getting chill haze. Does it clear as it warms up?

Yeah it clears up at room temp. I could let it chill and clear but I need this to finish in a couple weeks so I am going to try adding KC finings.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Latest posts

Back