PBW stain on stainless?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grateful Dan

Reaction score
After my last brew day I rinsed off my stainless mash spoon and wort chiller then put them into a bucket of pbw to soak. I forgot about them because I wasn't able to brew for about 2 months. I found them today as I was getting ready for brew day. They have strange stains on them that I cannot scrub off. Anyone seen this before? I would really like to use my chiller today.
20191019_103824-1.jpeg

After PBW I use an acid rinse with citric acid, which helps remove residue and scaling.

You may also want to get some Barkeeper's Friend, which when used properly makes stainless shiny like new.

I really don't think there would be any issues using it as-is though.

:mug:

After PBW I use an acid rinse with citric acid, which helps remove residue and scaling.

You may also want to get some Barkeeper's Friend, which when used properly makes stainless shiny like new.

I really don't think there would be any issues using it as-is though.

:mug:
Thank you for helping out. I was worried to put the chiller in my wort. I have cleaned it all good and star san'ed. It will not scrub of so probably won't come of in wort.

Latest posts

Back